With the upcoming July release of our latest Freezerworks upgrade, here are 10 things and more you should know to help you prepare to take advantage of all it offers
1. One Program/Three Editions: Freezerworks Basic and Freezerworks Unlimited are now combined into one program Freezerworks 2015 – with three editions:
What this means when you upgrade
Freezerworks Basic: When you upgrade your version of Basic, you will run Freezerworks 2015 in the Base edition.
Freezerworks Unlimited: When you upgrade your version of Unlimited, you will have the option of either running in the Ascent edition, or upgrading further to the Summit edition at no extra charge. (Yearly maintenance for the Summit edition will be higher, so contact a Freezerworks account manager to help determine which edition is right for your institution and budget.)
Use this checklist to help you decide which edition is the best fit for your needs:
2. Basic users get additional features (now available in Freezerworks Unlimited only) when they renew their Customer Care Program:
- Create sub-aliquots to track sample lineage
- Create user defined fields for both Samples and Aliquots
- A complete Batch Update feature – update selected data for groups of samples and/or aliquots
- New and improved label printing, including graphics (e.g., your logo) and hassle-free printer setup and use
- List Views include search tools to find the samples and aliquots you want quickly and easily.
- Expanded and improved design tools for configuring your Samples Entry form: color, graphics, font sizing
- Graphical and color coded QC Check Freezer option – see 6 below
- Improved import interface, including a mapping tool to match your import file columns to Freezerworks fields
3. A Patient Management Module for tracking patients, linking patients to samples, and with enhanced PHI/PII security. See all samples, aliquots, tests ordered and results entered for any given patient on a configurable screen (like the one below).
4. Personal Health Information is masked while scrolling through samples, so that users can’t inadvertently see it. Also, whenever PHI is viewed, the audit trail tracks time, date, and person logged in. A PHI view log allows you to check when sensitive information was viewed. This feature meets the most recent and stringent guidelines for PHI/PII security.
5. The improved label designer and print option includes the use of graphics (e.g., your logo), print preview, trouble free printer connections and a much more pleasant user experience.
6. The improved QC Check feature is a powerful way to perform quality control on your database, ensuring aliquots are correctly stored. Scan vials and check for discrepancies. An Import feature allows .csv files (for example) pulled from flatbed scanners, to be verified quickly as well.
7. Fields can now be assigned to groups (field level security).
8. Improved List Views with browser like history and column filters offers a sleeker look with added functionality.
9. Improved field creation tool makes configuring software simpler and more intuitive.
10. New Web Client. You have secure web access to your samples from anywhere using your favorite browser, phone or touch device.
11. A retooled interface for Importing. Settings have been more properly grouped for work flow optimization. Freezerworks now reads your import file into the program and begins mapping the import fields to the corresponding Freezerworks fields. No more clicking from Freezerworks to the spreadsheet and back again to map your import.