Tips on improving performance with Server 2003:
In Windows- System Properties ->Advance tab -> Settings (under Performance) set the following:
- Windows Processor Scheduling: “programs” instead of “background processes”
- Windows Memory: set to “programs” instead of “system cache”
- Windows Page File: set to “System Managed Size” instead of “Custom Size”
MS introduced a system designed to prevent DOS attacks on win server 2003. But this can cause issues with 4D other SQL databases. There are two work-arounds, see: http://kb.4d.com/search/assetid=76127
- The connection has been reset by the remote host.
- TCP_PROV: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
- “ProviderNum: 7, Error: 10054, ErrorMessage: “TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host …”
- Unhandled Exception: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 – An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)